Me

Me
Looking Business-like

Thursday, December 6, 2012

WHO ARE YOU?

Hello friends. I have a question for you. Who do you think you are? I remember my mom asking me this when I was little. Usually, it was asked when I was doing something that was beyond what she thought I should be doing. "Who do you think you are, young man? You better come down off your high horse." Now, my mom was the disciplinarian of the house and I knew not be smart-mouthed with her so I never was brave enough to tell her who I thought I was. I thought I was awesome. I thought I was king of the world. I could do whatever I felt like doing. Remember those days? At this stage of your life, this question is going to take some deeper thinking from you. Most of the time you would give an answer that tells what kind of job you have or what country or state you are from, maybe you would reveal what your religion is. But I want you to go a little deeper. For some of you, this is going to be uncomfortable.

You see, many people wake up in the morning and think...Geez, here I am again. Still stuck in this same life. Dull. Boring. Unhappy. Mediocre!! Now, some will attempt to justify their mediocre lives by saying that life could be worse. Well, it could also be better. In fact, life is supposed to be better than mediocre. You were never supposed to be a mediocre person living a mediocre life. You were created to be excellent. Excellence  is the normal state of affairs in the human heart. When you pursue excellence, you know you are doing the right thing. And this excellence is not an accident. God programmed it in your heart so that you would feel good when leading an excellent life. Mediocrity is what is abnormal and doesn't feel right.

Excellence has been embedded into your heart. If you have been beaten down into mediocrity, then you need to listen up. Ears open!! Eyes focused!! YOU have the ability to achieve excellence in at least , AT LEAST, one area of your life. What area is that? I have no idea. You'll have to discover that for yourself. But you have been created with certain gifts and talents that you are to use for excellence. To use to create your masterpiece.

In our society, we use the word success when we really mean excellence. We want to have a  successful life but what we really desire is an excellent life. We try to define what success is and so often we hear that it is being the best that we can possibly be. Folks, that's excellence. You have been created and programmed to be happy and you will only feel that when you have achieved excellence in some area of your life. Mediocrity doesn't feel right. When you are living in mediocrity, you feel as though you are wasting your life. Don't waste another day. Pursue excellence today!!

2 comments: