Me

Me
Looking Business-like

Saturday, December 8, 2012

How is Your Memory

Memory is a compelling gift. It has the power to help us grow and to encourage us in difficult times. But memory can also engender fear or nurture revenge. What makes the difference? It all depends on what we choose to remember.

 I have been blessed with a pretty good memory. Luckily, I don't remember every negative thing that has happened in my life. Yet, fortunately, I remember many positive events. Sometimes I wonder why I remember any negative events at all. But I remember that I am choosing to keep that memory. I want to remember that particular event so I can use it to help me be a better person. I remember a lot of the abuse I took in my household as a kid. I remember failures from decisions I have made. And I remember these things so as to know how not to do something, which can be as important as knowing how to do something.

 I remember wonderful things such as winning track races and being on a championship cross country team. I remember promotions and overcoming obstacles as a Marine. And I remember the birth of my daughters. I like remembering positive things because they remind me of my value and worth. The remind me of my ability and potential.

 So, I decide to keep some of my negative memories around to remind me to be better. And I focus on my positive memories of my life to remind me that I am better. Have a memorable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment