Me

Me
Looking Business-like

Monday, January 7, 2013

Feeling Guilty?

Do you feel guilty? Have you done something in your life that you wish you could take back? Sure you have. We all have. And, chances are, we have all felt some guilt for some of those things we did or said. But, I'm going to ask you to do something.......let the guilt go. Just let it go. Release it.

Guilt is a very destructive emotion. It keeps us in bondage, chained to the events of our past. I have one such event from my life that I have held onto for many years. I did something that created a huge negative response and I have always felt guilty for it. Many times throughout the years, I have told myself to get over it. But I have purposely held onto my guilty feelings. And I did so because I never wanted to forget what I had done so that I would know to never repeat it again.

But now, I'm going to release it. Not because I want to do wrong again but because I'm done with the horrible feelings that I place upon myself. You see, the guilt is good to have at first. It allows us to be convicted of our actions and to repent from continuing to do the same things. But if you stay in guilt, then you are destroying yourself. You are punishing yourself long after the consequences have worn off. You are keeping yourself in a prison long after you have learned the lessons from your acts.

I know some of you have similar experiences in your own life. Today, free yourself emotionally. You will not be condoning those events. You will not be allowing yourself to commit other acts for which you would feel guilt. Instead, you will be accepting the consequences that were already placed upon you. You will be accepting the lessons that you learned from the experience. And you will removing a great weight from your heart in the process. Freeing yourself emotionally will renew yourself energetically. Do it today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment